Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Monkey 2 just had to be Ariel for Halloween but wanted her belly button to show as she said.  All the costumes I found had the sheer material on the belly part and were one pieces.  I decided to wing her a costume.  She just wanted a long green skirt so that was easy enough.  For the top I used her bikini top as my measurements and made shell pillows and sewed the lines down it to make it more shell like.  I made the straps and sewed them on the shells just like her bikini was.  I then rolled some scrap skirt fabric into a rosette and glued that onto some felt I sewed onto the center of the shells.  I love the way it turned out and so did she!  Thank goodness tonight wasn't as cold as it has been!  She got pretty far trick or treating before she needed her jacket.  However, her long skirt slowed her down and she couldn't keep up with the bigger kids so I ended up rolling it up into a mini skirt and all was well.  Would have been easier to just cut and hem up a slit in the back...live and learn!

Monkey #1 was Draculaura....a bought costume.  

They scored tonight with lots of candy but are in bed so Mommy is the real winner!  
HeHeHe!

No comments:

Post a Comment